It may look like a house, but it’s actually a church. That makes it the Lord’s house. It’s a place where the cross of Christ is proclaimed. It’s a place where people are gathered to receive the Lord’s gifts.
Most people think you need lots of Christians to start a church. That’s simply not true. The Lord and his gifts make the church. The Lutheran East Side Mission was started so that the Lord and his gifts would be available to ALL people, especially those who live in Davenport’s urban east side neighborhoods. The Lutheran East Side Mission exists because God “desires all to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4)
At the Lutheran East Side Mission…
- The Gospel of Christ crucified is central.
- Catechisms are used for easier understanding of the Scriptures.
- Divine Worship occurs every Sunday at 11:30 AM.
- Sunday School and Bible Study follow every Sunday Service.
- Special services occur throughout the year.
- A bus is available to pick up families who are without transportation.
- Bibles and other Christian materials are given to those who request them.
The LESM is supported by the Iowa District East of the LCMS by member congregations of the Davenport (IA) Circuit of the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod, by financial and service gifts from other Lutheran congregations and individuals, and by financial and service grants from various organizations.
The member congregations of the Davenport Circuit are St. Paul, Bennett; Our Savior, Bettendorf; Park View Lutheran, Park View/Eldridge; and Holy Cross, Immanuel, Risen Christ, and Trinity, all in Davenport.