The IDE district office is seeking a qualified individual to fill the Communications / Technology Coordinator position. Applicants should submit their resume and cover letter to Sherry Brendes in the District Office before Friday, April 14, 2017.
IOWA DISTRICT EAST – LCMS
JOB TITLE: Communications / Technology Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Business and Office Manager
SALARY LEVEL: SL I-A
POSITIONS SUPERVISED: None
Work directly with the Business and Office Manager and office personnel to develop and execute a strategic communication plan, maintain office technology solutions and produce valuable resources for the congregations and schools of Iowa District East.
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY (IT) TECHNICIAN
- Continue development of office networking, vendor management systems, and hardware/software management.
- Maintain the district server (MS Server 2012), network, hardware, and software – Includes routine troubleshooting, daily backups, updates to anti-virus and spam software, and patch management.
- Equip staff with skills necessary to fully utilize the network (Microsoft Exchange).
- Research and recommend on-going development of equipment and electronic systems (electronic voting, on-line registration, on-line gift giving, etc.)
- Maintain office equipment.
- Administer Iowa District East website to keep content and design current. (WordPress)
- Email administrator for the District – Includes customer support and Microsoft Exchange Management
- Debug issues that arise with performance of the website.
- Hosting and Server Maintenance.
- Serve as a resource for the congregations of Iowa District East by making recommendations for websites and services.
- DISTRICT COMMUNICATIONS / RESOURCES
- Develop and publish annual District directory.
- Serve as conference / workshop communications coordinator. Develop and distribute registration materials, maintain registration lists (Eventbrite), prepare conference handouts, and coordinate on-site conference check-in.
- Work with other staff in development of print and electronic publications/mailings of the District. Includes, but not limited to, Professional Packet, IDE Today, BOD minutes, committee minutes, etc.
- Design, implement, and maintain database system.
- Print envelopes, letterhead, business cards (as needed).
- Other duties as assigned by Business and Office Manager, Executive Assistants, or District President.
- BUSINESS OFFICE ASSISTANT
- Back-up to Business & Office Manager for accounts receivable and accounts payable.
- Assist with congregational treasurers’ mailings / invoicing.
- CONVENTION COORDINATOR
- Develop and distribute registration materials for District and Synodical Conventions. Prepare District Convention Workbook and Proceedings.
- Serve as District Convention Registrar.
- Serve as District Office Contact for convention delegates.
- Compile and maintain a central listing of pastoral and lay delegates.
- Assist in “convention office” in preparation (typing and copying) of overtures from the floor committee chairmen to convention floor in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate District Convention Exhibitors.
- Coordinate A/V needs with vendors, site personnel, and presenters.
Other duties as assigned.
LIMITS TO AUTHORITY:
All purchase and expense decisions must be in compliance with the current annual budget and must be approved by the Business and Office Manager prior to purchase or implementation.
- Self-Starter and problem-solver.
- The ability to solve practical problems with a variety and a number of variables, and with limited standardization. Use judgment to interpret instructions.
- The ability to follow detailed written or oral instructions and to solve problems with multiple, concrete variables. A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, commercial art/website design, or business administration, or a Webmaster certification is preferred.
- A proven proficiency in all Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) and the ability to operate basic accounting software.
- A general working knowledge of computer networking and IT applications to include Windows Server 2012, Microsoft Exchange, Windows 7.
- Demonstrated knowledge of WordPress CMS platform.
- Organizational ability in order to maintain accurate records and maintain high standards of quality, neatness, and attention to detail over time.
- Ability to present a neat and professional appearance.
- It is preferred that this position is occupied by an individual who is a member in good standing in a congregation of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod.
Please send resume and cover letter before Friday, April 14, 2017, to:
Business & Office Manager
Iowa District East – LCMS
1100 Blairs Ferry Road
Marion, IA 52302