High School graduate who is an active member of a congregation within Iowa District East of The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod. This graduate needs to be enrolled and been accepted at a Concordia University or Seminary and preparing for a full-time professional vocation in the church.
College and Seminary students already enrolled in a Concordia University or Seminary and hold church membership in Iowa District East.
Colloquy students enrolled and accepted into the various colloquy programs of our synodical structure who are also members of an Iowa District East congregation.
Financial assistance is not available to Graduate level students, as well as internship years: Teacher, DCE, Vicar.
- Financial gifts will be granted in one-year periods and based on the need of financial assistance for each applicant.
- All applications must be filed annually by the May 1st deadline.
- All applications for financial assistance must be postmarked no later than May 1st of each year. (This must be met in order to process the gifts and get them awarded by July 15th each year.)
- All applicants must file a District Financial Aid Application. (This form is fillable online. Save a copy to your desktop to come back to every year.)
- First Time applicants must secure two (2) letters of recommendation to be mailed directly to the chairman of the Student Aid Committee. The recommendations should come preferably from the applicant’s pastor and a school official.
- Each applicant wishing to apply for financial assistance from the District should go to the Iowa District East website for the necessary forms or by securing them from the Financial Aid Director of the school in which he/she is enrolled.
- Each applicant is expected to report to the Chairman of the Student Aid Committee any changes in plans or status of enrollment at the time they occur.
- Students who receive financial gifts from the District and have graduated from college or seminary are expected to give a minimum of two years of professional service in The Lutheran Church Missouri Synod.
June 23-26, 1978 Convention, [Revised January 1984 - IDE Board of Directors, REVISED November 6, 2007 - IDE Board of Directors]
Student Aid Committee – Iowa District East
Rev. David Lingard
PO BOX 414
Van Horne, IA 52346-0414